Photo Contest Mechanics
- The photo contest is open to all internal and external stakeholders/partners of EDC.
- The photo contest is divided into these categories:
– Employees (current and previous, permanent, probationary, project, fixed-term, seconded)
– Environment: partners of EDC in its various environmental projects (BINHI, 10M in 10, Biodiversity Conservation and Monitoring, etc.)
– Communities:host communities, farmers associations, community associations, federations, local government units, scholars, academe, IP community
– Customers: Electric Cooperatives (ECs), Distribution Utilities (DUs), Contestable or Retail Customers (CCs)
– Other partners: suppliers, contractors, regulatory agencies
- EDC stakeholders are qualified to submit up to two (2) photo entries that depict how their partnership/collaboration with EDC has helped them become regenerative (how it elevated or helped to improve their individual or organization’s impact on the organization they represent, and/or on the environment and/or on the society/community)
- Photo entries should be accompanied by a catchy title and a short description (no more than 50 words)..
- Photos can be old or new photos owned by the stakeholder who will submit them as entry to the photo contest and have not been submitted to any other photo contest. Minimal cropping and minor enhancements are allowed. Watermarks and other markings on the photo are not allowed.
- Photos taken using a point and shoot, DSLR or cellphone cameras are allowed. Photos should have a file size of at least 1MB. Blurred or out of focus photos will not be accepted.
- Photos taken in the Philippines or in any other country are allowed.
- Photos with a catchy title and a short description should be submitted through https://forms.gle/CQ7TFSKLtYQEBk9R7 on or before February 28 at 11:59pm.
- Photo entries should not infringe on the copyright, trademark or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest on the photographs.
Voting and Selection of Entries and Winners
- EDC’s Public Relations team shall pre-select the qualified photos based on the following criteria:
– Relevance to the theme on regenerative partnerships with EDC
– Completeness of submission (Photo that is not blurred and not severely altered, and with size of no less than 1MB, with a catchy title, short description (no more than 50 words) that explains the photo, date and location where the photo was taken, name, contact number, and Facebook name of the photo owner)
- The EDC PR team’s decision on which photos qualify for the contest is final.
- Entry senders will be notified by EDC thru email if their photos have qualified for the contest.
- Qualified photos will be uploaded to EDC FB (@edc.ph) on March 05 for voting until March 19, 12mn.
- All family and friends of the entry senders are encouraged to like/heart their respective photo/s.
- The owners of qualified photos are also encouraged to share their entry that will be uploaded to EDC FB to get more likes/hearts and better chances of winning.
- The top 3 photos with the highest number of likes/hearts as of March 19, 12mn will win per category.
- Prize per winning entry: P10,000 worth of GCash.
- There will also be special prizes for different categories (e.g., best historical photo/s, oldest stakeholder photo, best stakeholder photo, best environmental photo, best community photo, best customer’s photo, most popular photo, etc.)
- Winning entries will be officially announced through EDC’s official Facebook page and through EDC PR’s email.
- Photo entry owners understand that their photos may or may not be used for EDC’s information materials on its regenerative mission (e.g., 2022 calendars, social media posts). EDC commits to acknowledge them as the owner of the said photo/s.