Energy Development Corporation, including its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, the “Company”), values the confidentiality of your personal data. This Privacy Notice details how the Company uses and protects your personal data in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA), its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR), other issuances of the National Privacy Commission (NPC) and other relevant laws of the Philippines.
Personal data refers to any of the following:
1) Personal information –
“Any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual”;
2) Sensitive personal information –
“Personal information about an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, religious/philosophical/political affiliations, health, education genetic or sexual life, legal proceedings, government issued identifiers and other information specifically established by an executive order or an act of congress to be kept classified”; and
3) Privileged information –
“Any and all forms of information which, under the Rules of Court and other pertinent laws, constitute privileged communication.”
II. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE DATA PRIVACY ACT?
As data subjects, you have the following rights:
▪ Right to be informed that your personal data will be, are being, or were, collected and processed;
▪ Right to object if the personal data processing involved is based on consent or on legitimate interest;
▪ Right to access is your right to find out whether an organization holds any personal data about you and if so, gain “reasonable access” to them;
▪ Right to rectify or correct erroneous data;
▪ Right to block the use of, or erase, your personal data, on grounds provided under the DPA;
▪ Right to secure data portability, allowing you to obtain and electronically move, copy or transfer your data in a secure manner, for further use;
▪ Right to be indemnified for damages, if you suffered damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal data, considering any violation of your rights and freedoms as data subject; and
▪ Right to file a complaint with the NPC, if your personal information has been misused, maliciously disclosed, or improperly disposed, or that any of your data privacy rights have been violated.
The Company’s decisions to provide such access or consider any request for correction, erasure, and objection to process your personal data as it appears in our records are always subject to any exceptions under applicable and relevant laws and/or the DPA, its IRR, and other issuances of the NPC.
III. WHY DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Company collects, uses, processes, stores, and retains personal data when reasonable and necessary to perform its business processes effectively, safely and efficiently and in accordance with corporate policies.
In general, the Company is using your personal data for any of the following purposes:
▪ To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or obligations; and
▪ For recruitment and hiring purposes in relation to job opportunities offered by the Company;
▪ To respond to specific complaints, enquiries, requests, or to provide requested information when you inquire on our website or email; and
▪ Other general announcements or notification.
IV. WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT?
The types of personal data that the Company will collect from you depend on a particular purpose. The common type of data collected by the Company generally includes basic personal information such as name, address, telephone number, email, and other contact details. Sensitive personal information are collected by the Company when you submit your resume and employment application forms.
V. HOW DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT, ACQUIRE, OR GENERATE PERSONAL DATA?
The Company collects personal data when you:
▪ Accomplish Company application forms;
▪ Submit to the Company your resume; and
▪ Disclose personal data through phone calls, email, SMS or verbal communication with Company personnel.
VI. WITH WHOM DOES THE COMPANY SHARE PERSONAL DATA?
The Company discloses your personal information to accredited/affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties, whether local or foreign in the following circumstances:
▪ As necessary for the proper execution of processes related to the declared purpose; and/or
▪ The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required, or authorized by or under law.
The Company may, at its discretion, provide personal data to the following:
▪ Our partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers and contractors;
▪ Affiliates and subsidiaries of the Company; and/or
▪ Law enforcement and government agencies.
VII. DOES THE COMPANY USE WEB ANALYTICS?
This website utilizes free analytics to see viewed pages and time and duration of site visits.
VIII. WHAT ABOUT LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES?
From time to time, the Company website will provide links to third party websites or advertisements, which contain links to third-party sites. These links are provided as a service to you and we do not provide any personal data to these websites or advertisers, and therefore, we will not accept responsibility for their privacy practices. These sites are operated by independent entities that have their own privacy policies, which you should also review. The Company’s Privacy Notice does not apply to such other sites or to the use that those entities make of your information. The Company has no control over the content displayed on such sites, nor over the measures, if any, that are taken by such sites to protect the privacy of your information.
IX. HOW DOES THE COMPANY PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
▪ Secured servers and firewalls, encryption on computing devices;
▪ Restricted access only for qualified and authorized personnel; and
▪ Strict implementation of information security policies
X. WHERE AND HOW LONG DOES THE COMPANY KEEP PERSONAL DATA?
The Company stores your personal data in both local and off-shore facilities and document storage facilities. Data collected will be retained for such period of time as may be necessary for the accomplishment of the purposes mentioned above, unless you request your data to be deleted in our database.
XI. WHAT IF THERE ARE CHANGES IN OUR PRIVACY NOTICE?
From time to time, it may be necessary for the Company to change this Privacy Notice. If we change our Privacy Notice, we will post the revised version here, which will take effect immediately. We suggest that you check our website for the most up-to-date version of our Privacy Notice. Rest assured, however, that any changes will not be retroactively applied and will not alter how we handle previously collected personal data.
XII. WHO SHOULD YOU CONTACT IN CASE OF DATA PRIVACY INQUIRY, FEEDBACK, OR COMPLAINTS?
Should you have any data privacy inquiries or complaints, and/or feedback on this Privacy Notice, you may reach the Data Protection Officer (DPO) through the following contact details:
Data Protection Officer
Energy Development Corporation
Rockwell Business Center Tower 3, Ortigas Avenue, Pasig City, Philippines
Phone: (+632) 7755-2332
Email: [email protected]
This Privacy Notice was last amended on February 23, 2022.
Head Office: 10F Rockwell Business Center Tower 3, Ortigas Ave, Pasig City
Phone: (+632) 8667.EDC (8667-7332) |
Email: [email protected]