Retail Competition and Open Access
What is Retail Competition and Open Access?
- Retail Competition and Open Access (RCOA) allows power suppliers to directly transact with any customer designated by the ERC as part of the contestable market. It also allows these contestable customers to decide which electricity suppliers to source power from. The establishment of RCOA is mandated by the Electric Power Industry Reform Act of 2001 (EPIRA).
Who are the main players in RCOA?
- Retail Electricity Suppliers (RES) or power suppliers licensed by the ERC to sell electricity to the contestable market.
- Contestable Customers (CC) may be a corporation or business establishment and even households whose average consumption during the last 12 months reached a minimum of 500 kW.
How does the RCOA benefit contestable customers?
- Being part of the contestable market allows customers to choose their own retail electricity supplier. This also allows them to pick clean and environment-friendly sources of electricity.
Shift to Geo24/7: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the benefits of shifting to Geo24/7?
- 100% baseload Renewable Energy Source – reliable, low carbon, environment-friendly
- Smooth and Comprehensive Transition – we take care of your RE shift process while you focus on your business
- Flexible Contract Terms – depending on your preference contract terms are aligned to your power demand/requirements
- Customized Value-Added Services – we offer a menu of both power and non-power value-added services that are tailored to your business needs
- Join/Tie-up with our CSR Flagship projects (Binhi and Sikat)
- Competitive Rates
Is my business/household qualified to shift?
To find out if your business or household is qualified to shift look at your electricity consumption (kw) over the past year. If your monthly average is 500kw and above, then you are qualified to switch to 100% RE source.
Is there a switching fee?
There is no fee to switch from your current provider to Geo24/7. Part of our services is to take care of the processing of your shift with us.
How long will it take to switch?
Once all documents are complete, processing time takes about a month.
Will we experience power interruption while we switch?
No, there will be no power interruption during the shifting process.
By using clean, reliable, cost competitive renewable energy, you can create a better future for your business and our planet.
Let us help you find the best solution tailored to your energy consumption and business needs. Ready to switch? Contact us now!
Energy Development Corporation
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (+632) 8667.7EDC (8667.7332) / (+632) 7755.2332
Head Office: 40th Floor One Corporate Centre, Julia Vargas corner Meralco Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605, Philippines