EDC Goes Beyong Sustainability at 43
Toward regenerative development through integrated thinking.
The EDC Value Chain strives to implement measures to lessen our carbon footprint, while simultaneously maximizing our shared value to society and the environment.
Our commitment to a decarbonized and regenerative future.
In 2019, EDC, together with all subsidiaries of First Philippine Holdings Corporation (FPHC), strengthened its commitment to forging collaborative pathways for a decarbonized and regenerative future. We choose this path because we believe it is the only way to create lasting value for all our stakeholders, and it is inseparable from the Lopez Values that have, and always will, define us.
As part of this commitment, we have also transitioned to Integrated Reporting (IR) to allow us to better communicate how we use our resources in order to create and share value with all our stakeholders.
Sustainability is in our DNA: we are now on our 10th year of sustainability reporting.
Shared value through integrated thinking: Integrated reporting illustrates how we create and share value.
EDC continues to work closely with its key stakeholders and engages them through various channels. Their insight and feedback help inform EDC’s programs and activities and provide guidance in our reporting and communicating on sustainability.
Key Performance Indicators
In 2019, EDC revisited its material topics with its Technical Working Group (TWG) and investors.
With the shift to the integrated reporting framework, these topics were reviewed in light of their significance on EDC’s ability to achieve its business goals and create value for its stakeholders. These topics were also evaluated for their influence on EDC’s control over the matter.
Given these topics, EDC’s report reflects not only business priorities, but also our responsibility to people and the planet, and our commitment to regenerative development.
Technical Working Group
Leyte Geothermal Facility
Johnre P. Alila
Aldrine O. Almanzor
Denes R. Alpos
Leizley Sieras – Apas
Dexter A. Arcenal
Albert M. Azarcon
Normann M. Buscato
Salvador P. Corros
Lorena M. Daco-ag
Christian Roy R. Dadios
Lisa F. Daigan
Jose Allan M. Degamo
Marcelo M. Dinoy Jr.
Proceso C. Escoton
Rowena N. Flores
Armando C. Gamutan
Mariel Joy R. Maceda
Erwin B. Magallanes
Gilbert C. Milallos
Nerelito M. Pascual Jr.
Jorobel D. Rom
Leonita P. Sabando
Arianne A. Saludares
Rogeberto P. Suson
Ma. Liza T. Tumanda
Ma. Sybil C. Villegas
Jennifer D. Wenceslao
Syrill S. Yap
Negros Island Geothermal Facility
Debonaire T. Mamhot
Norreen G. Bautista
Aubrey A. Bangaysiso
Myrissa L. Tabao
Jayvi P. Valenzuela
Marie Christine C. Jamiana
Marcial M. Alcarez
Robert Marcellin T. Gajo
Jennifer F. Dayon
Maisie Kirstine Isobelle B. Cahambing
Marietta S. Roxas
Nichole B. Macasero
Jane C. Ramirez
Leo A. Alon
Cromwell C. Ozoa
Sam E. Antiporta
Francis B. Saguban
Alex D. Faciolan
Ferdinand A. Lantaca
Noel R. Tan
Cliff V. Z. Concepcion
Dominador S. Canatoy III
Cesar B. Villaflor
Russel P. Yocor
Joeny Q. Bermejo
Carl Vincent P. Dipaling
Rhea F. Tumala
Ruben Ang Jr.
Jan Mark Wong
BacMan Geothermal Facility
Ramon A. Parafina III
Debbie Anne B. Mortega
Kristine Mae A. Silang
Leny D. Doctor
Rowena B. Daep
Neil Anthony P. Miras
Javier N. Rubis
Franklin N. Elizaga
Cheryl B. Mandane
Daryl B. Gamez
Michelle B. Madrona
Paolo A. Digo
Ken Michael L. Florece
Nora M. Africano
Leah A. Herrera
Rommel C. Collantes
Mount Apo Geothermal Facility
Gabriel M. Aragon
Romeo I. Kee
Sherwin Melvin Burton E. Lucas
Karen Kaye Abarientos
Norreen G. Bautista
Raymund G. Dauz
Luis E. Gonzales
Vicente G. Llorente
Eduardo Z. Morales, Jr.
Wind Ilocos Norte Business Unit
Rosalyn C. Arucan
Jansen Paul H. Chano
Deborah G. Sabarre
First Gen Hydro Power Corporation
Rodante S. Daludado
Maria Christine T. Mapanao
Cirila V. Romblon
Clarize Joyce B. Elloso
Liza C. Po
Corporate Support Functions
Frances L. Ariola
Dr. Rose A. Alcances
Ryan Anthony B. Bogayan
Engellau F. Flores
Paulo M. Gooco
Ronino C. Gibe
Maria Nancy P. Ibuna
Edwin G. Murillo
Cherrylan E. Santiago
Jimson S. Solatre
Noime S. Walican
Corporate Governance Office –
Strategic Initiatives, Legal, and Regulatory Office
Kristina Irene D. Go
Human Resources Management Group
Jomar I. Dichoso
Jaime N. Dumlao III
Facilities Operations and Maintenance Group
Norman D. Samonte
Mheryl Anne B. Espinosa
Glenn S. Orencia
Supply Chain Management
Bernard Lorenz B. Refuerzo
Shaila Jennel H. Zacarias
Strategy and Commercial Group
George Matthew B. Macatangay
Ruth Dianne M. So
Kristian L. Macariola
GRI Adviser and External Assurance Host
Colin L. Hubo
Ruben Nicolas, Jr.
Mia Sara A. Villanueva
Francesca Louisse M. Cabugoy
University of Asia and the Pacific – Center for Social Responsibility
• Association of Safety Practitioners of the Philippines, Inc.
• Association of Structural Engineers of the Philippines
• Association of the Filipino for the Advancement of Geosciences, Inc.
• Bicol Grievance Machinery Advocates
• Bicol Region Power Industry Tripartite Council, Inc.
• Boy Scouts of the Philippines, Cotabato Council
• Chartered Financial Analysts Society of the Philippines
• Consejo Geotérmico Chileno, A. G. (Chilean Geothermal Council)
• Cotabato Industrial Peace Advocates
• Geological Society of the Philippines
• Geothermal Resource Council
• Good Governance Advocates and Practitioners of the Philippines
• Information Systems and Control Association
• Information of Corporate Directors
• Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Philippines
• Institute of Internal Auditors
• Institute of Corporate Directors Companies’ Circle
• Integrated Bar of the Philippines
• Integrated Chemists of the Philippines
• Integrated Institute of Electrical Engineers
• International Association of Business Communicators
• International Association of Hydrogeologists
• International Geohazards Society
• International Geothermal Association
• Kananga Municipal Development Council – Kananga, Leyte
• Kapisanan ng mga Kimiko ng Pilipinas
• Labor and Management Industrial Peace Advocates, Inc.
• Labor Management Cooperation Practitioners Association – Cotabato
• League of Corporate Foundations
• Mount Apo Foundation, Inc.
• Mount Apo Natural Park Protected Area Management Board
• Mount Kanlaon Protected Area Management Board
• National Geothermal Association of the Philippines
• North Cotabato Geothermal Airshed Board
• Pollution Control Association of the Philippines, Inc.
• People Management Association of the Philippines
• Philippine Business for the Environment
• Philippine Council for NGO Certification
• Philippine Eagle Foundation, Inc.
• Philippine Independent Power Producers Association
• Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Philippine Institute of Chemical Engineers
• Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers, Inc.
• Philippine Institute of Industrial Engineers
• Philippine Labor Management Cooperation
• Philippine League of Labor-Management Cooperation Practitioners, Inc.
• Philippine Society of Mechanical Engineers
• Philippine Society of Nondestructive Testing
• Philippine Welding Society
• Philippine Society of Mechanical Engineers, Inc.
• Project Management Institute
• Public Relations Society of the Philippines
• Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Board Region VII
• Renewable Energy Coalition
• Renewable Energy Developers’ Council
• Rotary Club of Metro Kidapawan
• Rotary Club of Rizal Mideast, Rotary International District 3800
• Safety and Health Association of the Philippine Energy Sector, Inc.
• Small Grants Programme under the United Nations Development Programme
• Tax Managers Associations of the Philippines
• Toastmasters Club
• University of Asia & the Pacific – Business Economic Club
• Wind Energy Developers’ Association of the Philippines
• World Resources Institute
Our 2019 Integrated Report
Our Integrated Report tells the story of our efforts to achieve our business objectives, hand-in-hand with our sustainability aspirations.