EDC Goes Beyond Sustainability at 44
Toward regenerative development through integrated thinking.
The EDC Value Chain strives to implement measures to lessen our carbon footprint, while simultaneously maximizing our shared value to society and the environment.
To be the leading global geothermal energy company and key provider of clean, renewable 24/7 energy.
To forge collaborative pathways for a decarbonized and regenerative future.
We recognize that our planet’s life support systems and social institutions are now at a breaking point. Unbridled consumption and primacy of bottom- line growth are at the root of the climate crisis, our alienation from nature, and the profound social and economic divisions, that have become existential threats to humanity today.
Overcoming all of these challenges will require paradigm shifts in the ways that we think, live, and do business. It is now clear that pursuing sustainability that seeks only to do less harm is no longer good enough.
Instead, we need to create symbiotic, mutually beneficial relationships with nature and society that benefit more than just shareholders. Businesses today must urgently become a regenerative force that elevates everything that they touch— customers, employees, suppliers, contractors, the environment, communities, and investors.
The transformation cannot be done by entities working alone. We are mindful that we exist within highly diverse and nested systems, and that we must all play unique, reciprocal, and synchronized roles in a world that needs to be healed.
Our collective success will be measured by how quickly we can decouple economic and social prosperity from the destruction of our planet’s life support systems.
We choose this path because it is the only way to a destination where everyone has the opportunity to thrive and prosper on a healthy planet. We choose this path because we believe it is the only way to create lasting value for all stakeholders and not just shareholders. We choose this path because it is inseparable from the Lopez Values that have, and always will, define us.
Our Way to Play
We promote a regenerative society by increasing access to reliable renewable energy through purposeful innovation and proactive partnerships.
Our Capability System:
- Sustainable Generation–expansive understanding and management of geothermal resource to develop and optimize resilient assets
- Purposeful Innovation–systematic identification and deployment of groundbreaking ideas that improve performance and customer satisfaction
- Committed Stakeholder Ecosystem–integrated approach in building mutually beneficial relationships to progress our regenerative agenda
- Transformative Integration–Deft integration of targeted acquisitions that increase corporate value
- Organizational Agility–Delivery of fast, customer centric solutions through self-organized teams who can pivot and prioritize
Our Chosen Path
We take the path that puts the welfare of present and future generations as our foremost concern, choosing to use our heritage and expertise as a leading geothermal energy provider to fulfill our duty to co-create a regenerative society.
We strive to deepen our relationships with customers. Understanding their need for dependable and affordable renewable energy, we purposefully innovate to improve our services to provide the best possible customer experience.
We embark to broaden the markets we serve. Our four decades of advancing renewable energy in the Philippines creates the impetus to expand globally and accelerate decarbonization.
We build trusted partnerships with public and private stakeholders to shape a regenerative society. We commit to think, live, and do business in a manner that enables nature to flourish and humanity to prosper alongside an economy that advances.
We foster a culture that cares deeply for the wellbeing of our people. We empower people to reach their full potential in a workplace where accountability, performance orientation, and collaboration is the norm.
Shared value through integrated thinking: Integrated reporting illustrates how we create and share value.
EDC continues to work closely with its key stakeholders and engages them through various channels. Their insight and feedback help inform EDC’s programs and activities and provide guidance in our reporting and communicating on sustainability.
Key Performance Indicators
EDC revisited its material topics with its Technical Working Group (TWG) and investors.
With the shift to the integrated reporting framework, these topics were reviewed in light of their significance on EDC’s ability to achieve its business goals and create value for its stakeholders. These topics were also evaluated for their influence on EDC’s control over the matter.
Given these topics, EDC’s report reflects not only business priorities, but also our responsibility to people and the planet, and our commitment to regenerative development.
Technical Working Group
Leyte Geothermal Facility
- Johnre P. Alila
- Aldrine O. Almanzor
- Denes R. Alpos
- Leizley Sieras – Apas
- Dexter A. Arcenal
- Albert M. Azarcon
- Normann M. Buscato
- Salvador P. Corros
- Lorena M. Daco-ag
- Christian Roy R. Dadios
- Lisa F. Daigan
- Jose Allan M. Degamo
- Marcelo M. Dinoy Jr.
- Proceso C. Escoton
- Mariel Joy R. Maceda
- Erwin B. Magallanes
- Gilbert C. Milallos
- Nerelito M. Pascual Jr.
- Jorobel D. Rom
- Leonita P. Sabando
- Arianne A. Saludares
- Rogeberto P. Suson
- Ma. Liza T. Tumanda
- Ma. Sybil C. Villegas
- Jennifer D. Wenceslao
- Syrill S. Yap
- Glen Ceballos
- Rogeberto Suson
- Dexter Arcenal
- Jana Lyn Catipay
Negros Island Geothermal Facility
- Debonaire T. Mamhot • Paulino Agudo
- Marcial M. Alcarez
- Leo A. Alon
- Ruben Ang Jr.
- Sam E. Antiporta
- Norreen G. Bautista
- Aubrey A. Bangaysiso
- Joeny Q. Bermejo
- Maisie Kirstine Isobelle B. Cahambing
- Dominador S. Canatoy III
- Cliff V. Z. Concepcion
- Jennifer F. Dayon
- Carl Vincent P. Dipaling
- Jennifer Espartero-Dales
- Alex D. Faciolan
- Robert Marcellin T. Gajo
- Marie Christine C. Jamiana
- Ferdinand A. Lantaca
- Nichole B. Macasero
- Jaymar Matia-Ong
- Cromwell C. Ozoa
- Jane C. Ramirez
- Marietta S. Roxas
- Francis B. Saguban
- Ariel H. dela Cruz
- Julius L. Teves
- Noel R. Tan
- Bernard Tia
- Rhea F. Tumala
- Jayvi P. Valenzuela
- Cesar B. Villaflor
- Jan Mark Wong
- Russel P. Yocor
BacMan Geothermal Facility
- Ramon A. Parafina III
- Nora M. Africano
- Rommel C. Collantes
- Rowena B. Daep
- Paolo A. Digo
- Leny D. Doctor
- Franklin N. Elizaga
- Ken Michael L. Florece
- Daryl B. Gamez
- Leah A. Herrera
- Cheryl B. Mandane
- Michelle B. Madrona
- Neil Anthony P. Miras
- Debbie Anne B. Mortega
- Javier N. Rubis
- Kristine Mae A. Silang
Mount Apo Geothermal Facility
- Romeo I. Kee
- Karen Kaye Abarientos
- Gabriel M. Aragon
- Myrizza L. Tabao
- Raymund G. Dauz
- Luis E. Gonzales
- Vicente G. Llorente
- Sherwin Melvin Burton E. Lucas • Eduardo Z. Morales, Jr.
Wind Ilocos Norte Business Unit
- Rosalyne C. Arucan
- Jansen Paul H. Chano
- Deborah G. Sabarre
First Gen Hydro Power Corporation
- Rodante S. Daludado
- Maria Christine T. Mapanao
- Liza C. Po
Corporate Support Functions
- Dr. Lina Rose A. Alcances
- Frances L. Ariola
- Ryan Anthony B. Bogayan
- Engellau F. Flores
- Abegail Y. Gatdula
- Paulo M. Gooco
- Ronino C. Gibe
- Maria Nancy P. Ibuna
- Allan Lopez
- Edwin G. Murillo
- Cherrylane E. Santiago • Jimson S. Solatre
- Marco Macapagal
- Damsel Iris Fruto
- John Kevin Benico
Corporate Governance Office –
Strategic Initiatives, Legal, and Regulatory Office
- Kristina Irene D. Go
- Marita P. Lagos
Human Resources Management Group
- Jaime N. Dumlao III
- Sharmaine F. Golamco
- Joelious D. Montecalvo
Facilities Operations and Maintenance Group
- Mheryl Anne B. Espinosa
- Christian Roy R. Dadios
- Laurence A. Romero
- Glenn S. Orencia
- Norman D. Samonte
Supply Chain Management
- Kyle Chua
- Bernard Lorenz B. Refuerzo
- Shaila Jennel H. Zacarias
- Marc Kevin Tan
Strategy and Commercial Group
- Irene Fajanela
- Kristian L. Macariola
- George Matthew B. Macatangay
- Ruth Dianne M. So
External Assurance Host, University of Asia and the Pacific – Center for Social Responsibility
- Colin Legarde Hubo
- Francesca Louisse M. Cabugoy
- Mia Sara A. Villanueva
- Association of Safety Practitioners of the Philippines, Inc.
- Association of Structural Engineers of the Philippines
- Association of the Filipino for the Advancement of Geosciences, Inc.
- Bicol Grievance Machinery Advocates
- Bicol Region Power Industry Tripartite Council, Inc.
- Boy Scouts of the Philippines, Cotabato Council
- Chartered Financial Analysts Society of the Philippines
- Consejo Geotérmico Chileno, A. G. (Chilean Geothermal Council)
- Cotabato Industrial Peace Advocates
- Geological Society of the Philippines
- Geothermal Resource Council
- Good Governance Advocates and Practitioners of the Philippines
- Information Systems and Control Association
- Information of Corporate Directors
- Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Philippines
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Institute of Corporate Directors Companies’ Circle
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- Integrated Chemists of the Philippines
- Integrated Institute of Electrical Engineers
- International Association of Business Communicators
- International Association of Hydrogeologists • International Geohazards Society
- International Geothermal Association
- Kananga Municipal Development Council – Kananga, Leyte
- Kapisanan ng mga Kimiko ng Pilipinas
- Labor and Management Industrial Peace Advocates, Inc.
- Labor-Management Cooperation Practitioners Association – Cotabato
- League of Corporate Foundations
- Mount Apo Foundation, Inc.
- Mount Apo Natural Park Protected Area Management Board
- Mount Kanlaon Protected Area Management Board
- National Geothermal Association of the Philippines
- North Cotabato Geothermal Airshed Board
- Pollution Control Association of the Philippines, Inc.
- People Management Association of the Philippines
- Philippine Business for the Environment
- Philippine Council for NGO Certification
- Philippine Eagle Foundation, Inc.
- Philippine Independent Power Producers Association
- Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Philippine Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers, Inc.
- Philippine Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Philippine Labor-Management Cooperation
- Philippine League of Labor-Management Cooperation Practitioners, Inc.
- Philippine Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Philippine Society of Nondestructive Testing
- Philippine Welding Society
- Philippine Society of Mechanical Engineers, Inc.
- Project Management Institute
- Public Relations Society of the Philippines
- Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Board Region XII
- Renewable Energy Coalition
- Renewable Energy Developers’ Council
- Rotary Club of Metro Kidapawan
- Rotary Club of Rizal Mideast, Rotary International District 3800
- Safety and Health Association of the Philippine Energy Sector, Inc.
- Small Grants Programme under the United Nations Development Programme
- Tax Managers Associations of the Philippines • Toastmasters Club
- University of Asia and the Pacific
- Wind Energy Developers’ Association of the Philippines
- World Resources Institute Awards and Membership
Our 2020 Integrated Report
Our Integrated Report tells the story of our efforts to achieve our business objectives, hand-in-hand with our sustainability aspirations.
Head Office: Rockwell Business Center Tower 3, Ortigas Ave, Pasig City
Phone: (+632) 8667.EDC (8667-7332) |
Email: [email protected]